Saturday, September 6, 2008

Where is the cashier?

“Tough times don’t last, tough people do,” consoled my colleague quoting Robert Schuller when I was a bit down last week.
“Thanks,” I replied.
“You know what? I just laugh away problems. Someone banged against my car and I am forced to travel by taxi for the last couple of days. Did I complain?”
“No,” I replied.
“My caterer has cautioned that from next month the food bill will go up. Did I tell you a word about it?”
“No.”
“My family has to come on visit visa and I am yet to raise the necessary funds. Did I ask you for money?”
“No.”
“I do not have to tell you that they have hiked my rent. Did I ever complain about that?”
“Nooo,” I almost screamed, and muttered: “I heard that you won’t be paid overtime as per a new rule.”
“Where is the cashierrr?” he yelled and disappeared.

The Gulf Today-Aug8, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment