Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tasty bites

Minutes after Uruguay striker Luis Suarez appeared to bite Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup football match, the social media went on a “vampire mode” relishing every bit of the controversy.
“Once bitten, never shy,” “He wanted a taste of Italian pizza,” “Saurez found the match very appetising,” and “If you can’t beat them, eat them,” were among various comments on Facebook.
Former boxer Evander Holyfield, who himself was once bitten on the ear by Mike Tyson at a heavyweight championship fight,  tweeted, “I guess any part of the body is up for eating.”
Biting other people is wrong, of course, but personally, I envy people with strong teeth. Attempts to strengthen my own by consuming more milk, oranges and strawberries did not help me much.
As if to add insult to injury, many of my friends would use their shining teeth to open bottles, crush raw sugarcane or break strong nuts.
Tempted to do so, I once tried breaking a walnut with my teeth only to land on a dentist’s chair the next day as a patient.
My friend’s best advice to those who have the urge to bite is: “Bite your tongue.”

2 comments:

  1. The latest one is Uruguay hired Manmohan Singh - to train their players to keep their mouths shut!

    www.volatilespirits.com

    ReplyDelete